Quirky people I work with
Not sure where my dad found these people and why they behave the way they do. I must say/type that each one is talented in their sphere of work and are fiercely loyal to my dad (they sort of hero worship him, which is starting to worry me a little)
We’ll start with the extremely sensitive department head (I won’t mention names or designations) he’s my “handle-with-care” guy.. I often agonise about how I need to communicate something to him. For instance he may get upset with me if I didn’t say good morning to him. He’s very planned and organized, he loves his structure and system, he’s resistant to change, is a control freak yet efficient at his tasks.
Next one I will call “Silence isn’t golden” He is one of the key people in the team and we would ideally need information from him to make strategic decisions, yet he is the quietest person I have ever met, and I cannot understand 82% of what he says (yes I calculated !). Have you ever played fill in the blanks ? Well this fella starts a sentence and expects you to complete it..
Next is the “technical dude”, a very happy go lucky ‘yes’ man. He is a real team player and will never say no to whatever I say, which brings me to a negative point, extremely disorganised and since he is a people pleaser takes on more than he can handle. This man is extremely smart in the tech side of things. I personally think he is a darling.
Next we have on the sales side, the guy who I can’t really pen down, he’s very driven and his appetite for learning is monstrous (we will call him “Pitbull”, I'm not referring the rapper). This guy is very adaptable to change but doesn’t get along with a lot of people in the company. I’ll leave other observations out of this one except for to say I admire his quest for learning new things. This guys scares me a little..
Next is a lady who’s very protective of the company. She’s like a “mother hen” – which means some people are a little scared of her. I usually run things by her as she is very smart, loyal and excellent in her field.
“Social butterfly” is a nice bloke who handles all our fun event planning, is very helpful to his colleagues and is generally liked by one and all. I see good leadership qualities in him..
The story so far… I have told dad, I cannot deal with “handle-with-care” guy - he frustrates me and my knowledge in the area is limited (yes, shocking I know !), so dad is involved in the handling of that part of the business, whilst I look after the other chunk..
The stage is set, the actors are introduced, I will update you on more madness as it unfolds..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment